Musicians Collaboration Studio

I Dread Daybreak

Sharpola · 34 · 18386

Offline Appleluza

• Appleluza Music
Nice job on this.  Loved the nylon lead part especially.

Rob
Rob Talbert, Songwriter and Producer for Appleluza, a virtual multi-genre band.

youtube

I listened to this prior.

Here is my comment or feedback.

I love this version. The Reggae feel with the acoustic guitar.  The drums on demand sound fantastic and they should.  The mix is excellent and it is really a cool tune. The voice is really cool. Vocal wise for future project Ali just what the in places. Maybe have a few more runs at it. Other than that Ray really delivered. So did the others.

Great Work

Congrats.

Tubes  :D

Offline Ali Kat

• Strength = Life = Music = Love
    • ali kats music
Check out the rap I got a guy to lay on it.  Let me know what ya'll think.  He goes by Ballstar.  I think he nailed the lyrics for it.  BUt, I am probably going to play around with the vocal seps a bit, see if I can't get it to "fit in" to the song a bit better. 

Ali
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:21:47 PM by Ali Kat »
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." (Kahlil Gibran)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
I thought you'd have Ludacris himself working on it by now  :)

That's really good Ali...like it

I think you just need to work on the ending where you come back in

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Ali Kat

• ali kats music
haha, I wish....I thought the same thing about the end of the rap. I also think it may sound better with just one of the vocal tones with some thickness.  He's gonna get me the seps and I'll play around with it for awhile...see what comes of it, and I'll repost it here when I am done. 

Ali
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." (Kahlil Gibran)

Offline detune

• Mark
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
It struck me that the rap should be 8 bars instead of 12.  There's something odd about it being 12 bars, and it feels a bit long.

This song makes me feel good every time I hear it.

Mark

Offline Ali Kat

• ali kats music
great feedback, keep it comin everyone~!

Offline Sharpola

• Poppin' Rockers
  • Super Hero
  • my my bless my soul miga diga baga nig nictin toe
    • Sharpola on Facebook
I like it... very cool! my (our) first rap tune :)

Ali could I have the seps as well? I'd like to try my hand at making it transend to the outro part as well :)

Ray

Check out the rap I got a guy to lay on it.  Let me know what ya'll think.  He goes by Ballstar.  I think he nailed the lyrics for it.  BUt, I am probably going to play around with the vocal seps a bit, see if I can't get it to "fit in" to the song a bit better. 

Ali

Offline Ali Kat

• ali kats music
absolutley, I really am not very good at that sort of thing...but I was willing to try to get my vision acrossed a bit better than he did.  I'll get them to you as soon as I have them myself! 

Ali Kat

glad ya liked it.

Offline PVD

• Super Hero
Ali/Ray:

I have been listening to this quite a few times to try to get the overall feel.  I think Ballstar did a pretty good job.  I'm still trying to get my head around it.  If you guys like it, I am fine with it.  I still may listen to and prefer the earlier version, that's just me.

Paul

Offline detune

• Mark
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
This rap is really growing on me, all 12 bars.  I'm going to take back what I said earlier.  It's great the way it is.

Mark

Offline Bassic_Soul

• Rollin with the flow

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Sounds pretty cool. I'd like to here the rap a little more defined.

Nice job.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Ali Kat

• ali kats music
Okay I played with the rap.  He only gave me a mixed vocal sep...so I wasn't able to split the tones...but I still played with it how I could.  Let me know what you think.  I tried to improve the end of the rap.  I did a little echoing in spots.   And, I thickened his vocals up to fit a bit better in the song.   Ray, if you still want the seps let me know...though I know it would've been nicer to have both takes seperately....but ya get what ya get for now.

Ali

Offline Sharpola

• Poppin' Rockers
  • Super Hero
  • my my bless my soul miga diga baga nig nictin toe
    • Sharpola on Facebook
Ali sounds great!

I'd still like the seps to save with the project if I could :)

Ray